Milestone 1 Goals
<issues project = "KeithVision" filter = "false" search = "false"/>
Get Intel code compiling on Ubuntu
- and into a Mercurial tree. (20 hours)
- Hook up .Net wrapper to Intel vision code. (10 hours)
- Create / find a 2-frame GUI tool which takes a picture and applies various Intel code to it and displays an output image (40 hours)
- Provide an API to on-demand take an image and return simple analysis to driving engine. (20 hours)
Driving: Wolf Dieter
- Port Torcs robot written in Delphi to C# (100 hours) 
- Call vision code at appropriate times (20 hours)
World Simulator (Jeko)
|Slimmed Torcs||Get a slimmmed Torcs compiling on Ubuntu Linux and in a Mercurial tree||10 hours (elapsed: 3h)|
|Planning||OSG versus Ogre, C# linear algebra code, Torcs roadmap, etc., etc.||? (elapsed: 4h)|
| I went through Codebase Analysis page and I marked up the codebases for you to check out. For example, how much do the C# wrappers help when using openscenegraph? Should we use that piece of code or another one? Does Ogre have equivalent functionality? I cannot even answer these basic questions which is why I'd like you to!
Build a slide showing the various boxes of Torcs and Ogre and what you plan on doing to them. That will provide us a roadmap and I would love to see it! I've given you all the considerations I believe I can provide, but we can talk it through along the way as well.
|Screenshots||Provide a C# API to create screenshots for vision code||20 hours (elapsed: 0h)|
|UI|| Build ways for us to run tests in one click of a listbox or a command-line.
This can wait till Ogre if we want to do it in using a C# GUI. What one do we use?
|20 hours (elapsed: 0h)|
- Port ssgraph / plug in Ogre ? 3-d wheels patches 
- Plug in Open Dynamics Engine
- Ability to log all changes in C# to the world including results of vision analysis, so that we can replay to figure out what happened.
- hook the output of the vision recognition into the input of the 3-D engine, by creating ghost images.
- Write C# HasCrashed() function so that we know we have a bug in our driving or vision code.
- Add other features like waypoints, stopsigns. (Someone else doing this we should hook up with )